The Mid-Colonial District (aka District 2) was initially chartered by the Institute of Transportation Engineers on January 1, 1973. The District is chartered to receive, administer and expend funds for charitable and educational purposes.
Two Sections have been chartered by the District:
- Mid-Atlantic Section (MASITE)
- Washington DC Area Section (WDCSITE)
The area designated for the WDCSITE includes Maryland, the District of Columbia and Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William County in Virginia. The area designated for the MASITE Section includes Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, Delaware and West Virginia.
- Improve the administration of the Institute affairs,
- Provide member representation on the International Board of Direction,
- Conduct an annual meeting for the interchange of technical and professional information, and
- Provide an opportunity for membership participation in Institute affairs.”